Zahal

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beware terrorist in politicians clothing

So I can say that I am kindof comfortable blogging about Israeli and Canadian politics.  I know the players, some history, their views etc... I am by no means knowledgeable about Lebanese politics.  All I can say is that I was upset to read that Hezbollah will be running the Lebanese government.
From what I can see, Saad Hariri was the Prime Minister of Lebanon leading a joint government.  The Lebanese legislators have voted to now support Hezbollah candidate Najib Mikati.  Mikati was educated at Harvard and is a billionaire businessman.
Sunnis went to the streets in protest yesterday as this was announced, and they fear that being backed by an Iraninan Islam regime will lead to International isolation.  Hariri asked not to get violent or cause problems, while Mikati claims he wants to rebuild Lebanon and he is there to represent ALL Lebanese.
I am skeptical about any terrorist faction getting involved in politics.  I know it happened with the PLO, and I know it has happened in Ireland as well, but Hezbollah has 2 reasons for existance: 1 - destroy Israel and 2 - kill all westerners who do not agree with Islam.
I am worried about relations between Lebanon and Israel, now that Lebanon is being governed by a terrorist.  Yes, he states that he is the leader of all Lebanese and he wants what is best for Lebanon, but its only day 1.
When I was getting into business people used to tell me, beware of a wolf in sheep's clothing... well, beware of terrorists in politicians suits is pretty fair too.
To read the full article please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment