Zahal

Monday, January 24, 2011

Weight Loss magic doesn't exist

Have you ever watched TV or read a magazine and NOT seen an ad for weight loss, or a weight loss product?  My bet is, no, no you have not, because those ads are EVERYWHERE.  All we seem to see is the next magic weight loss miracle solution.
Look, I'm being honest, I eat well and I hit the gym, and hard, but I still have about 20 - 25lbs to lose.  I am losing the last few pounds that I need at a nice slow and steady (not to mention healthy) pace.  2 pounds last week, hopefully another pound or two this week.  I do not believe in these "magic" pills.
As human beings, we are less active, more static and eating unhealthier foods than ever.  We may think some of what we eat is good, but chances are, they are not.  Those lovely frozen chicken burgers with "heart healthy Omega-3s" have zero benefit to you, and they are loaded with preservatives, salts, fats and chemicals.
There is only 1 way to lose and maintain weight.  Eat real foods, foods that you prepare, foods that are mostly fruits and vegetables.  Include a variety of mixed nuts and whole grains.  Don't be afraid to eat healthy fats like avocado, olive oil, fatty fish and flax seeds.
Personally I love the gym.  I find that its my personal quiet time, and I enjoy that.  I can see how its not for everybody though.  Guess what, you can still get more active!  Take dance classes.  Try spinning, or aqua fitness.  Go jogging with some friends, or biking for that matter.
I pride myself on making my money online through e-commerce, but what good is the extra free time and added wealth if I am too unhealthy to enjoy it?  Life is short, we should do what we can to live as long as possible, and enjoy it with those we love.
Taking pills that increase heart rate, or act as diuretics may work in the short term, but they are not a solution, and they can lead to serious health risks.  Acai berries will not cause you lose 50lbs in 1 week!!!  Focusing on your health while participating in activities you enjoy will not be a chore or a challenge.  Best of all, you can do it with others.
I know it seems like we all have an image to live up to, but guess what?  At the end of the day, you have to look yourself in the mirror and you have to sleep with your thoughts.  Be the best person you can be for you!!!  Your friends, family and those around you will likely benefit as well.
As much as I adore free enterprise and capitalism, buyer beware, don't fall for these money traps!

No comments:

Post a Comment