Zahal

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Don't hate Islam

From Tunisia to Egypt we are seeing an uproar in the Arabic world.  Hezbollah are now in power in Lebanon, Iran has nuclear capabilities and suicide attacks worldwide are not slowing down.  This is a very scary time for the entire world.  Other than all this, North Korea has nuclear capabilities, and more than anybody else they are willing to use it.
As you all know by now, I am on twitter quite frequently.  I much prefer twitter to facebook, but I will leave that for another blog.  On twitter I am keeping well informed about Egypt, Lebanon, Israel and even US politics.  The amount of other fellow anti-Obama tweeters is refreshing.  I have noticed there is also quite a bit of hatred on twitter.  You have people who are anti-kosher, anti-Jewish, anti-Israel.  There are also many who "want to kill all Arabs" "Death to Muslims" "Islam is from Satan" and so on and so forth.
Here is where I make my difference.  I am a strong supporter of the State of Israel.  I do fully intend on moving there one day when my business stabilizes and my son is old enough to decide if he wants to join me or not.  I do not agree with suicide bombings, I think there are far too many Islamic extremists preaching that terror is the answer, and THEY need to stop.  That does not mean that Islam is from the devil, nor does it mean that all Arabs agree with those radicals.
There are quite a few radical Ultra-Orthodox Jews that continue to escalate problems by creating new settlements, but teaching their children that their way is the only way etc...
The point I am trying to make is that we must hate and stop those that teach that terror is the answer, but we must not hate on Islam or Muslims as a whole.  By hating them as a unit we are making the problem worse.  We need to differentiate: if you teach that suicide bombings will stop the "infidels" and that terror and war is the answer, you deserve to be hated, and you need to be stopped.  If you are a Muslim who keeps Halal and reads the Quran, but believe in peace, and education, what is the problem?
We must move forward together if we want peace.  Yes, there has been war in the Middle East since the bible was written, and no, it will not end tomorrow, but we need to start working towards that end TODAY!
Again, please don't hate Islam, hate the terrorists!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment