Zahal

Friday, January 28, 2011

When you see an ambulance, let them through!!!

There are many reasons I dislike Montreal as a city.  I can talk about Quebec politics, poor road conditions, corrupt Provincial and Municipal governments, lousy weather and bad drivers.  I won't get into the tax and employment issues, I'll save that for another blog another day.
What really gets to me though, is terrible needless traffic and poor drivers.  Now I will admit that I often get "aggressive" when driving, and YES, I sometimes cut people off.  I too have become used to driving here.  The one thing I am always sure to do though is pull aside and make room for Ambulances and Fire Trucks.
Listen, people who decide to risk their lives to save people from burning fires are HEROS!  People who devote their time to trying to save people's live are HEROS!  When you see a firetruck or an ambulance, do the right thing and pull over.
Many times police officers will flash their lights and turn on the sirens just to get through an intersection.  Often, the police are as corrupt as the politicians (New Orleans is the perfect example).  If you decide not to move for the police, that is your choice, just don't cry if they issue you a ticket.
Yesterday as I was diving while an ambulance was trying to get through traffic and had to make a turn.  Not only did people not move, people actually honked at the ambulance... they HONKED!!!  WTF?!?!  Who deos that?
I am quite sure if that was a friend or loved one of your in the ambulance, or waiting for the ambulance to arrive, you would want people making easy access for the driver.  What benefit do you gain from honking at the ambulance?  You are stuck in traffic anyways, and extra 45 seconds isn't going to ruin your evening.
I state again, Emergency responders are heroes.  They deserve our respect and gratitude, and they do not deserve to be blocked and honked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment