Zahal

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Would you fight Floyd Mayweather?!?

If you know me, you know that I am a huge supporter and fan of Floyd "Money" Mayweather.  I think if the "superfight" between him and Pacquiao ever does happen, that he will stand victorious, but that is yet to be seen.
I do not want to veer off the topic, but I do want to say this, I think that Manny Pacquaio is a true champion.  He has proven to be a fighting champion and is for sure the people's champion.  He has nothing left to prove as a fighter, but I want him to continue fighting.
Now, back to the topic.  I understand that Mayweather has had a few legal issues, and yes, there is the who is ducking the Pacquiao fight issue, but lets step away from that for a little while.
Mayweather is undefeated.  As a boxer he has provided some amazing fights, and has defeated some of the biggest names in boxing, including Oscar De La Hoya (well before Pacquaio did).  He also beat Manny's soon to be opponent Shane Mosley.
I will say this, Mayweather does seem to be very concerned about keeping his undefeated record in tact, and I cannot say that I blame him.  He is worried about his so called "legacy."  I guess I would be too.  There would be no shame in a loss on the record, and he would still go down in history as one of the best pound for pound fighters of ALL TIME.
Here is what bugs me about this entire "fiasco".  There are always going to be haters.  People love to hate people.  I am not a huge Pacquiao supporter, but I love watching him fight.  I stated earlier what I thought about him, and if he ever the "superfight" goes down, I will be watching and cheering Floyd Mayweather.  That does not mean that I do not appreciate what Manny has done for the sport and how good he truly is.  There are boxers I dislike, but I do not hate on them.  If I wanted to hate on them, I would hate on them and challenge them to a fight.
Facebook groups and twitter feeds are going bonkers calling Mayweather a chicken, a baby, a loser etc...  Guess what... you wanna prove that he is a loser, challenge him to a fight.  Like him or hate him, he has stepped into the ring with some of the best.  He has beaten some of the best.  His training sessions are more than most people can handle.  Go on YouTube, watch any of Mayweather's videos, or videos about him and you will see comments that include the word 'coward'.  Guess what, I bet if Floyd challenged those who wrote those comments, you would see who the coward truly is.  Even if you dislike him, even if you say it is 100% his fault the Mayweather Vs Pacquiao fight isn't happening, respect what he has done in the ring, and what he has to do everyday to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment